Bulldozers in the Brain . C403 Art space . Singapore. Nov '09


























Description

10 sculptures ( various dimensions; various materials including wood laminate, wax, acrylic skins etc) exhibited on the walls, the gallery floor as well as on plinths.

Various materials, colors and forms are explored in a number of sculptures in this exhibition to engage with notions of knowledge structures and archaeological dig sites.


“…and then there is the material that excites me. I am working with acrylic skins, wax, plaster of Paris, cement, rusted steel and even fabric because I celebrate their look and feel - their materiality. It gives me intense joy to work with this stuff. Never a complete straight-line. Never a perfect fold. I like it that way…”

All shown in the exhibition:
Bulldozers in the Brain
LaSalle College of Arts, Singapore
2009